With the mobile apps penetrating all recesses of life, the stifling competition in app stores us obvious. The competition is making visibility and discoverability of apps really challenging. Naturally, mobile app development companies need to think futuristically to meet this rising competition head-on in the coming years. How can you beat the competition in future? Do you have a plan to make your app ready to meet the marketing needs of the future? Well, these are the questions to shape the marketing strategy of apps in future.
Let us explain here some of the effective means and measures to build apps that remain futuristically marketable.
1. Dynamic Features
While innovation is continuing to pump fresh potential into mobile apps now, all are not equally making them dynamic. It is the dynamic feature that helps mobile apps to remain versatile, scalable, flexible, adaptable and above all, future-ready. For instance, cloud is a dynamic feature that helps an app remain accessible across devices and locations. To ensure app success for the future, you need to incorporate dynamic features and functions as much as possible. Let’s mention some dynamic and future-ready mobile app features here below.
- Cloud storage and cloud computing to ensure accessibility and ease of use across devices and locations.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA) that helps to load a web app instantly based on the priority of contents is a dynamic feature.
- Personalised interactive capability based on insights produced by Machine Learning feedback is a dynamic feature.
- On-demand personalised features based on specific user needs and requests is another example of the dynamic feature.
- Localised app attributes based on user location is another dynamic feature.
2. Future-Ready User Experience
The pace at which innovations are pouring into mobile apps, you do not know what new in a store just the next day. But a few things that you can be absolutely sure about are the performance, speed, effortlessness, etc. These qualities are almost timeless and ever-existent that any mobile apps in the future should have. For a future-ready user experience let us have a look at some of the crucial qualities.
- Fast loading speed for the contents.
- Intuitive navigation requiring least minimum taps or clicks.
- Gesture-based smooth navigation creating a feeling of effortlessness.
- Adaptability to integrate new device functions.
- Clean, clutter-free and least distracting user interface to ensure fast engagement.
- Thumb based navigation for a vast majority of mobile users who handle the phone and scrolling-handedly.
- Clear Call to Action buttons allowing easy finger taps.
3. Selecting The Right Technology Stack
For a mobile app to remain continuously relevant and popular, it must be built with cutting-edge technologies. Choosing the right technology stack is very important for an app to beat the competition. This is why it is important to choose a tech stack that is very unlikely to get outdated in near future. It is also important to choose tech-stack that can easily adjust to evolving user needs in the future. In respect of choosing the right technology stack, consider the following tips.
- Choose one from the cutting-edge backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Flutter and Laravel.
- Follow agile development methodology to pace up development speed while running concurrent tests throughout the development process.
- Ensure expertise with the latest programming languages such as Swift and Kotlin for iOS and Android app development.
4. Data-Driven In-App Marketing
Obviously, the user experience alone helps to create the bond with the users. But to stay afloat above the raging competition, this is not enough. You equally need a robust in-app marketing strategy. Now, to help your marketing strategy to stand on user data and insights you need to incorporate data analytics and feedback system within the app. Here are some important things to consider.
- Besides taking help of an active data analytics tool, create several feedback funnels and loops to deliver user insights. User journey mapping, heat map data, etc can help.
- Use Machine Learning to gain insights about user activities.
- In-app surveys, comments and in-app activity reports play an important role.
- Reach out to the user with in-app Chatbots powered by sophisticated algorithms or artificial intelligence technology.
5. Personalisation And Customisation
Future mobile apps will be more custom built for specific audience groups and will have more scopes of personalisation for individual users than ever before. While customisation of apps with audience-specific features, tools and design elements is already into practice, there haven’t been many scopes for personalisation. it mostly remained confined to notification messages, user-centric transactions and the availability of certain features. The personalisation of an entire app in look and feel hasn’t been possible yet. Future apps should drive in the following ways.
- Personalised notification messages based on location and user-preference.
- In-app marketing offers and promotions based on individual user preferences and constraints.
- Chatbot interaction based on conversation and user history.
- Transaction mode based on preferred mode and means of payment.
- content rendering based on user preference and context.
- Product display and recommendations based on buyer history.
6. Future-Ready Data Security
For an app to stay relevant, popular and reliable in spite of the leg-pulling competition across stores, it also needs to incorporate most advanced and cutting-edge technologies to ensure data security. As users now feel more obliged to share everything with mobile apps for a multitude of uses and benefits, concerns corresponding to data security and privacy is steadily increasing. Your app must be capable to address these concerns to remain popular and trustworthy. How to give your app futuristic data-security? Let us have a look at credible solutions.
- Incorporate decentralised database technology of Blockchain to prevent data tampering and data manipulation altogether.
- Latest methods of authentication like FaceID, real-time eye-tracking, etc need to be incorporated.
- Consolidation of app security through user data analytics, live app tracking and cutting-edge digital wallet apps will be crucial.
- Protecting mission-critical data through sophisticated encryption will remain important.
Even after following all the above-mentioned principles, there is no guarantee that the respective app will remain as marketable as now. The new innovations and technologies are constantly transforming the mobile app landscape. But, it is always important to use the latest methodologies and tech-stack and follow most trusted principles to beat the competition.
Atman Rathod is working as the Business Director at CMARIX TechnoLabs, a leading web and mobile app development company with 13+ years of experience. He loves to write about technology, startups, entrepreneurship and business. His creative abilities, academic track record and leadership skills made him one of the key industry influencers as well.