Website optimization is essential for SEO. It is very essential to build a website by keeping SEO in mind, this makes it possible for your website to be search engine friendly.
However, you might be new to building websites or you are experienced but lack the knowledge of optimizing your website for SEO.
Whichever position you find yourself, in this article I will be discussing about the essentials of website optimization for SEO in 2019.
You will be able to learn how you can optimize your website for SEO so you will be able to rank high on search engine results and be able to achieve the level of conversion you desire.
Image Source – thereviewstories.com
This is one of the most important things you need to consider when optimizing your website for SEO. Website loading time is a high factor when it comes to ranking on search engines.
Web users want your website to load within 3 seconds or less, anything longer than that will only drive users away to other websites. Web page speed has a huge impact on both conversion and traffic.
Here is a short guide on how to optimize your page speed:
- Try to reduce and compress all files sizes. You should also combine files in order to reduce request.
- Improve server response time.
- Use a good hosting company.
- Use less plugins – only use important ones to avoid congestion.
- Run a compression audit.
- Enable browser caching.
- Reduce image sizes too.
- You can also use external hosting platforms.
Image Source – goodworklabs.com
UX (User Experience) is the experience that a user has as they interact with every aspect of your website. You need to devote the energy and time to make your website better for new and returning users.
Below are some factors that influence UX:
- Your website should not be difficult to use, it should be easy to navigate through.
- Your content needs to be very informational, unique and satisfy a need for your users.
- Be able to integrate navigation and design elements to make it easy for users to find what they need.
- Evoke appreciation and emotion for your design elements and brand.
- Strive to make your content accessible to everyone.
- Value is key and so your site needs to be able to provide value to the user in terms of experience. It should also provide value to the company in terms of good Return on Capital.
- Make your site a trustworthy one. Users have to be able to believe you.
Image Source – thesocialms.com
High-quality content means that a site can provide reliable and exact information that its users are looking for. In content marketing, always remember that quality of content always comes first.
Each page on your site should contain unique images and content. You can also add videos that are not in large quantity on your site.
Make sure that you make use of keywords in your content text and also alt tag for images. Even with the right keywords, SEO on a site has limited effect if it lacks quality content.
Some of the features that can improve the quality of your website content include use of words that are simple with no grammatical and typographical errors.
Some tips on content marketing include:
- Compile a combination of informative, useful and entertaining content.
- Do a content audit.
- Don’t create content for content’s sake.
- Get exclusives for your content.
- Create data-driven content-and make it newsworthy.
- Be original.
- SEO your theme.
Also Read , How to Improve Website Quality Score For PPC Campaign ?
Links are one of the top-ranking factors for quite a long time. Google recently confirmed that links are the number 1 ranking factor and also said that ranking without links is really hard.
Links is the bases of the Google core algorithm. Ranking without links is very hard. Since Google cares about links more than anything, so should you.
Below are some of the best link building strategies for 2019:
- Build relationships
- Link reclamation
- Start a blog
- Discover competitors’ common backlinks
- Turn your mentions into backlinks
- Utilize resource pages
- List your site in trustworthy directories
- Get an indirect backlink from your competitor
- Recover your dead backlinks
- Write a good guest post
- Broken link building
Link building can also help:
- Improve your rankings
- Reduce bounce rate
- Encourage visitors to read more of your content and to also stay on your site
- Assist Google in indexing and crawling your site
Meta Descriptions and Title Tags
Meta descriptions will help your website become more visible and get searchers clicking on your site in search. Try as much as possible to keep your Meta descriptions between 155 – 165 characters, relevant to the headline, title and content.
Usually Meta tags are what tell visitors and search engines what your site or pages are about. Keywords should also be used in the title tag.
Meta description and title tags always matter when doing SEO.
When search results are displayed on search engines, the first things that the user sees are the title tags. The title tag gives a website its first impression. Keep the title tags words within limit, keep them concise and state the most important idea.
All the contents you put on the web should have Meta descriptions and title tags. This is important as it displays the preview snippets for a specific page.
When setting up a website, always make sure that the website is optimized for SEO. Ignoring the basis of SEO will only deprive you of the opportunities that are available on the web.
All the above elements I have discussed above will certainly help you to achieve success in your SEO efforts. These elements can really help you achieve a complete well-optimized website.
If you focus on these five essentials, you will set yourself up for success in 2019 and beyond.
Justin Kemp is working as a Jr. content writer and blogger with Ranking By SEO. He can be seen blogging about digital marketing, SEO, SMO, PPC, etc.